SIP Trunking: Future of VoIP & Streaming Media
NBN (National Broadband Network) has already rolled out in full swing and soon it will wipe out analogue phone systems running on copper lines. The old plain business phone will be out of the league completely.
What is SIP trunking?
SIP trunking allows PBX phone system to send and receive business calls through the internet. A SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) is deployed for signalling protocols for voice calls, video calls, streaming media and messaging applications. To make NBN work, it is necessary to choose SIP trunk plans according to the business requirement.
Well, people in Australia are aware of NBN but unable to relate with SIP trunking? Let’s make the relation clear between NBN and SIP trunk. It is quite simple to understand that businesses operating on a single line of PSTN can easily get replaced with NBN via bundled service.
However, in reality, there are majority of businesses that operates on multiple lines through PABX phone systems which are quite complex. Now here comes SIP trunk to remove this complexity.
SIP trunking service is primarily a VoIP system for businesses that requires better internet services i.e., NBN. In this case, multiple phone lines can be ported to SIP trunk service in bundle which makes business communication way much easier and budget-friendly.
What makes SIP trunking the future of VoIP and Streaming Media?
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is not rocket science now. It is been used from many years all around the world. People are using VoIP feature through multiple application in their smartphones to communicate from one corner of the world to another. At present, it is the most easiest and convenient way to communicate.
- In 2018, the count of VoIP users were 1 billion and in 2020, the numbers have increased by 10 times.
- It is expected that the VoIP industry will cross $140 billion till 2021
- VoIP phone systems have an excellent uptime of 99.99%.
For business, it is the best alternate for communication. With SIP trunk service, businesses will not have to add one phone number per line which automatically reduces the cost of usage and make VoIP affordable in comparison with PSTN.
Benefits of SIP Trunking
- Can make unlimited local as well as long-distance calls without paying extra.
- Can save up to 60% with SIP particularly on international calls.
- In-house calling in offices on the same VoIP system is free.
- SIP trunking can be applied over the cloud through WAN and works as a unified communication platform.
- SIP trunking does not rely on PSTN infrastructure. It depends on broadband connections so that SIP trunking providers can recognise geographic regions which they do not own or control. This makes easier for them to provide their services.
- Allow employees to work remotely.
- As NBN is a quality internet service, data redundancy automatically improves.
Benefits for Streaming Media
- SIP trunking dispatches protocol signal for various multi-media channels like video calling, instant messaging, conferencing etc.
- Allow break-free video streaming application such as desktop sharing and can share a whiteboard.
Why businesses should buy SIP?
SIP trunking is quite easy to integrate into small and medium businesses with no requirement of legacy infrastructure. Larger companies who are holding the entire market always operates with the latest tech which can help small-medium enterprises.
The businesses that are somewhere below small enterprise do not consider upgrading to SIP as they have already invested in their existing telecommunicating infrastructure.
However, there are few benefits of SIP to which all businesses can enjoy:
- An automated and customised services
- Centralised environment
- Cost implications
Well, SIP trunking does not require much amount of hardware tools or any specific engineer to set it up for any business. The primary components which you require are: ISP (Internet Service Provider), a PABX phone system and a SIP gateway that controls the network between ISP and PABX.
Also, if your business is growing financially then consider investing in a premium router that offers features prioritising VoIP calls and media streaming.
Want to know more about SIP trunk or VoIP for your business communication? Simply get in touch with all your confusion, we will delight you with better solutions.