Before your installation appointment, you will need to think about where you want the nbnTM connection box and power supply unit to be installed inside (or outside) your house.
Use this checklist to pick the best location.
- Reasonably close to a power point.
- A cool, dry, ventilated area (nbnTM equipment cannot be installed in a damp or wet area such as; a kitchen, bathroom, laundry, or under a window that opens).
- Away from busy areas where it may be knocked or damaged.
- Somewhere easy for you to see and check the indicator lights.
- In the same building as the main electric meter box or distribution board (i.e. not in a separate detached garage or outhouse).
Whilst the nbnTM technician will try to accommodate your choice of location, some environmental factors such as complex walls, distance to power sources and proximity and accessibility to the exterior utility box may prevent installation in this location.
Try to choose an alternative location if your preferred location is not viable and discuss the options with your allocated installer.